As was recently announced, AAA Corporate Travel will become Purdue University’s full-service travel agency on Tuesday (Sept. 20). Although Concur remains the University’s preferred method to book travel, AAA Corporate Travel will provide faculty, staff and students traveling on University business with comprehensive travel management and booking services. They can help arrange and book flights, ground transportation and hotel accommodations.
Members of the campus community can also benefit from the following travel services as part of the partnership:
- 24/7 assistance – If travel is booked through Concur or via phone with AAA Corporate Travel, Purdue travelers have access to complimentary emergency travel support 24/7/365. Charges will apply for nonemergency after-hours and holiday assistance.
- Competitive pricing – Purdue’s negotiated discounted rates for airfare, hotel reservations and car rentals will be applied automatically.
- Airline ticket voids– Airline tickets can be canceled through AAA Corporate Travel until 11 p.m. the business day following booking, avoiding expensive change fees assessed by airlines.
- Risk management tracking – Alerts and emergency notifications will be provided for University travelers on both domestic and international flights.
- Accidental death insurance– $200,000 of complimentary insurance is provided on each flight ticket.
- Discounted personal AAA Hoosier Motor Club membership – University employees are eligible for a 40% discount off the first year of a personal AAA Classic membership. Benefits include towing and fuel delivery services, car locksmith reimbursement, 24/7 emergency roadside assistance, discounts on travel services and more. Review additional information on the Purdue Travel website.
Nonemployees who book travel arrangements through AAA Corporate Travel are provided the same benefits as employees but are not eligible for the discounted personal membership.
As an exception to the AAA Corporate Travel transition, the Purdue Athletics department will continue to use Anthony Travel for their travel needs.
Other travel agency information will be updated on the Purdue Travel website soon.
Questions may be directed to Purdue Travel at 765-494-7354 or [email protected]